MECPS admission for Fall 2024 opens on October 2nd, 2023. The priority application deadline is January 15, but applications will be accepted until March 30, 2024. Early applicants will receive priority for the ECPS Fellowship.
*Note: International applicants are encouraged to apply early to allow sufficient time to obtain the student visa.
- Applicants are expected to hold a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or electrical engineering. Students from other disciplines are also considered for admission if they can demonstrate sufficient background in the basics of embedded systems.
- Undergraduate G.P.A. must be 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- GRE scores: The GRE requirement has been waived for the 2024 admissions cycle.
- TOEFL (minimum score of 80) or other evidence of English language proficiency
- Online application (https://apply.grad.uci.edu/
- Application fee (https://grad.uci.edu/admissions/application-fee-fee-waivers/)
- Official university transcripts from every college attended by the applicant
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their prior academic record and their potential for completing graduate-level work. Preference may be given to students whose backgrounds are in one of the target application areas of cyber-physical systems. Consideration will be given to students with relevant industry experience. Applicants are encouraged to include hands-on project experience, if any, in their statement of purpose.
Program fees include the following:
- Program fees
- Course materials for core courses
What’s Not Included?
Program costs do not include the following:
- Student health insurance (GSHIP)
- UCI compulsory campus-based fees
- Room and board, travel, meals and other supporting costs