MECPS admission for Fall 2022 is open now. The preferred application deadline is January 15, but applications will be accepted until June 30, 2022 (rolling admission).
- Applicants are expected to hold a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or electrical engineering. Students from other disciplines are also considered for admission if they can demonstrate sufficient background in the basics of embedded systems.
- Undergraduate G.P.A. must be 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- GRE scores: Successful applicants must show proficiency in both quantitative and verbal sections.
- Update: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the GRE requirement has been temporarily removed for applicants to enter the program in Fall 2022.
- TOEFL (minimum score of 80) or other evidence of English language proficiency
- Online application (https://apply.grad.uci.edu/
- Application fee (https://grad.uci.edu/admissions/application-fee-fee-waivers/)
- Official university transcripts from every college attended by the applicant
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their prior academic record and their potential for completing graduate-level work. Preference may be given to students whose backgrounds are in one of the target application areas of cyber-physical systems. Consideration will be given to students with relevant industry experience. Applicants are encouraged to include hands-on project experience, if any, in their statement of purpose.
Program fees include the following:
- Program fees
- Course materials for core courses
What’s Not Included?
Program costs do not include the following:
- Student health insurance (GSHIP)
- UCI compulsory campus-based fees
- Room and board, travel, meals and other supporting costs